Amit Shah Slams Congress For Questioning Centre's Anti-Maoist Strategy
BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday slammed the Congress for questioning the ruling party over its anti-Maoist strategy and said the Leftist violence had blossomed during Congress's reign.
File photo of BJP chief Amit Shah (News18)
Kolkata: BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday slammed the Congress for questioning the ruling party over its anti-Maoist strategy and said the Leftist violence had blossomed during Congress's reign.
"No. One incident doesn't decide whether it has hit or failed to hit its target. Overall, during BJP rule, Naxalism has reduced and their morale is broken. You can't assess such old movements based on one incident," Shah told the media here when asked whether the premise of demonetisation to neutralise Naxalism has been proved wrong.
"Those under whose rule Naxalism blossomed, are levelling allegations at us. Under whose rule did the Leftist violence increase? It increased during Congress's reign and they are questioning us," he said.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday targeted the government over the killing of 25 Central Reserve Police Force personnel in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh and hoped that its revised strategy will have more purpose and impact.
Gandhi also took a dig at the government over linking demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 notes with surrender of Maoists.
"Last heard 'demonetization' was the government's strategy to neutralize Naxalism. I hope the 'revised' strategy has a little more purpose and impact," he tweeted.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said the strategy to root out left-wing extremism will be reviewed.
Recommended For You
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Her Most Revealing Gown From Designer Thierry Mugler's 98' Collection
- Shah Rukh Khan's Daughter Suhana Khan Reveals She Wants to Date This Celebrity
- Kartik Aaryan was Offered Rs 10 Crore for a Film Post Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety but He Turned It Down
- Why So Serious? Artist Makes Eminem Finally 'Smile' and the Results are Truly Horrifying
- 'Who Released JeM Chief?' Sidhu Reminds BJP of Kandahar After Drawing Flak for Pulwama Comments
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s