Amit Shah Slams Congress For Questioning Centre's Anti-Maoist Strategy
BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday slammed the Congress for questioning the ruling party over its anti-Maoist strategy and said the Leftist violence had blossomed during Congress's reign.
File photo of BJP chief Amit Shah (News18)
Kolkata: BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday slammed the Congress for questioning the ruling party over its anti-Maoist strategy and said the Leftist violence had blossomed during Congress's reign.
"No. One incident doesn't decide whether it has hit or failed to hit its target. Overall, during BJP rule, Naxalism has reduced and their morale is broken. You can't assess such old movements based on one incident," Shah told the media here when asked whether the premise of demonetisation to neutralise Naxalism has been proved wrong.
"Those under whose rule Naxalism blossomed, are levelling allegations at us. Under whose rule did the Leftist violence increase? It increased during Congress's reign and they are questioning us," he said.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday targeted the government over the killing of 25 Central Reserve Police Force personnel in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh and hoped that its revised strategy will have more purpose and impact.
Gandhi also took a dig at the government over linking demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 notes with surrender of Maoists.
"Last heard 'demonetization' was the government's strategy to neutralize Naxalism. I hope the 'revised' strategy has a little more purpose and impact," he tweeted.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said the strategy to root out left-wing extremism will be reviewed.
Recommended For You
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- The Apple iPhone 2020 Lineup Expected to Have OLED Displays With 5G Support, Says Ming-Chi Kuo
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s