Amritsar: Punjab CM Amarinder Announces Rs 5 Lakh Ex-gratia for Nirankari Bomb Blast Victims
Amritsar bomb blast: Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced Rs 5 lakh as compensation for the kin of the dead and free treatment for the injured.
File photo of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday reviewed the law and order situation in the state in the wake of the grenade attack on a religious congregation on the outskirts of Amritsar city which left three persons dead.
The incident took place inside the Nirankari Bhavan at Adliwal village near Amritsar's Rajasansi, police said.
While reviewing the law and order situation, Singh directed the Home Secretary, DGP, DG (Law and Order) and DG Intelligence to rush to Rajasansi in Amritsar to supervise investigations, an official spokesman said here.
On the directions of the chief minister, security has been strengthened at all Nirankari Bhawans in the state, the spokesman said. He said Singh announced Rs 5 lakh as compensation for the kin of the dead and free treatment for the injured.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update