- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Olympian Contest: Congress Fields Krishna Poonia Against Rajyavardhan Rathore from Jaipur Rural
Krishna Poonia, a three-time Olympic participant, is the MLA from the Sadulpur constituency in Rajasthan.
File photo of Olympian discus thrower Krishna Poonia. (Reuters)
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday fielded Olympian discus thrower Krishna Poonia from the Jaipur Rural constituency as it released another list of nine candidates for the Lok Sabha polls.
With this, the Congress has so far announced the names of 325 candidates for the upcoming general election.
Poonia, a three-time Olympic participant, is the MLA from the Sadulpur constituency in Rajasthan.
She will contest against Union Information and Broadcasting Minister and Olympic medallist Rajyavardhan Rathore, who is the Jaipur Rural MP.
Of the nine candidates the Congress named on Monday, six are from Rajasthan, two from Maharashtra and one from Gujarat.
The party has fielded Mohan Joshi from Pune, a seat which was earlier represented in the Lok Sabha by tainted Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi.
Poonia had won the gold medal in discus throwing in the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- MG ZS EV Undercuts Hyundai Kona Electric SUV by Rs 2.83 Lakh in India
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World