'Anything Can Happen in Cricket and Politics': BJP Leader Nitin Gadkari on Ajit Pawar's Surprise Move
Maharashtra will get a stable government under the leadership of Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar and witness further development, Nitin Gadkari added.
File photo of Union minister Nitin Gadkari. (PTI)
Nagpur: Union minister Nitin Gadkari said on Saturday that "anything can happen in cricket and politics", and expressed confidence that the new BJP-led government in Maharashtra will pass the floor test.
The BJP's Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday returned as Maharashtra chief minister for a second term, propped up by NCP leader Ajit Pawar, who took oath as deputy chief minister.
Speaking to the media here, the senior BJP leader, asked for his reaction to the dramatic developments, said, "As I had commented earlier, anything can happen in cricket and politics. Now you would have understood the importance of my statement.
"I congratulate Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar. They will prove the majority in the house in the period given by the governor," Gadkari said.
Maharashtra will get a stable government under the leadership of Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar and witness further development, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan and Her Father Take Dig at Rising Onion Prices, Watch Hilarious Video
- Important to Probe Conflict of Interest of Chief National Coach Pullela Gopichand, Says Jwala Gutta
- Drag Shows, Books and Films: India's Queer Community Comes Together for First Rainbow Lit Fest
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway