Arya Nagar Election Results 2017: Amitabh Bajpai of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Amitabh Bajpai of SP has won the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Arya Nagar were A Hasiv (BSP), Salil Vishnoi (BJP), Pramod Kumar Jaiswal (Congress), Amitabh Bajpai (SP).
Arya Nagar is Brahmin dominated constituency in Kanpur Nagar district. Fight between Salil Vishnoi (BJP), three time MLA against SP Amitabh Bajpai and Congress Pramod Kumar Jaiswal.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Salil Vishnoi, the winning BJP candidate, got 51,200 votes. The nearest contender was Jitendra Bahadur Singh of SP who got 35,789 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Apple Betting Big on TV+ With Big Name Original Content, And The Refreshed TV App is Just One Link
- IPL 2019 | Punjab Beat Rajasthan in Controversy-hit Encounter
- Streaming Services Such as Netflix And Amazon Video Now Have More Subscribers Globally Than Cable TV
- Dhoni Review System: Twitter Roasts Dinesh Karthik For Wrong DRS Call in KKR vs SRH Match
- Radha Ravi Slammed For Misogynistic Remarks Against Nayanthara, Tamil Film Fraternity Boycotts the Actor
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s