Arya Nagar Election Results 2017: Amitabh Bajpai of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Amitabh Bajpai of SP has won the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Arya Nagar were A Hasiv (BSP), Salil Vishnoi (BJP), Pramod Kumar Jaiswal (Congress), Amitabh Bajpai (SP).
Arya Nagar is Brahmin dominated constituency in Kanpur Nagar district. Fight between Salil Vishnoi (BJP), three time MLA against SP Amitabh Bajpai and Congress Pramod Kumar Jaiswal.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Salil Vishnoi, the winning BJP candidate, got 51,200 votes. The nearest contender was Jitendra Bahadur Singh of SP who got 35,789 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More