Arya Nagar Election Results 2017: Amitabh Bajpai of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Amitabh Bajpai of SP has won the Arya Nagar seat, constituency No. 214 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Arya Nagar were A Hasiv (BSP), Salil Vishnoi (BJP), Pramod Kumar Jaiswal (Congress), Amitabh Bajpai (SP).
Arya Nagar is Brahmin dominated constituency in Kanpur Nagar district. Fight between Salil Vishnoi (BJP), three time MLA against SP Amitabh Bajpai and Congress Pramod Kumar Jaiswal.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Salil Vishnoi, the winning BJP candidate, got 51,200 votes. The nearest contender was Jitendra Bahadur Singh of SP who got 35,789 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kangana Ranaut Seeks Blessings at Rameshwaram Temple in Tamil Nadu, See Pics
- Mr India 2: Shekhar Kapur Doesn't Believe There's Another 'Mogambo' in the World
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Has Donald Trump Become 'LGBTQ Hero' Just Before His Visit to India?
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets