Ayodhya Election Results 2017: Ved Prakash Gupta of BJP Wins
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pardesh had in 2012 won 224 of these seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Ved Prakash Gupta of BJP has won from Ayodhya seat by 107014 votes.
The main candidates on this seat were Mohd Mo. Bazmi Siddqui (Bahujan Samaj Party), Ved Prakash Gupta (BJP) and Dharmendra Kumar Uppadhyay (RLD).
In the 2012 Assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party (SP) won this constituency by a narrow margin of 5,405 votes. Tej Narayan Pandey, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 55,262 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pardesh had in 2012 won 224 of these seats spread across 75 districts. It had tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes