Ayodhya Verdict Historic, All Must Respect It: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
'I also feel that the judgement will strengthen the country's social fabric,' Rajnath Singh said and appealed to people to maintain peace and social amity.
File photo of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
Dehradun: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said the Supreme Court verdict on Ayodhya is a landmark judgement which should be respected by all.
In a brief interaction with reporters here on the sidelines of Uttarakhand's 20th state foundation day, Singh said, "It is a historic and landmark judgement of the apex court which everyone should respect."
"I also feel that the judgement will strengthen the country's social fabric," he said and appealed to people to maintain peace and social amity.
Singh was here to attend the state's 20th foundation day function as the chief guest. It was during his tenure as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh in year 2000 that Uttarakhand was separated from it and granted statehood.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Kapil Sharma Tells Akshay Kumar 'My Good News is Coming Before Yours' in Fun Twitter Exchange
- Meet Duo, the Two-faced Kitten That Defied All the Odds Despite its Medical Condition
- Kim Kardashian Shares Pictures of Times She 'Taped up' Her Breasts
- Lata Mangeshkar is Doing Much Better, Says Singer's Team