Azad, Ahmed Patel Meet Chidambaram in Tihar Jail, Discuss Country's Political, Economic Situation
Congress leaders Ghulam Nabu Azad and Ahmed Patel met P Chidambaram in Tihar jail along with his son Karti.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leaders Ghulam Nabi Azad and Ahmed Patel met former finance minister P Chidambaram at Tihar Jail on Wednesday morning, sources said.
They were accompanied by Chidambaram's son and Congress MP, Karti.
The leaders are learnt to have discussed the current political situation, including Kashmir, upcoming elections and the economic situation in the country, during the half-hour meeting, the sources added.
Chidambaram has been lodged in Tihar jail since September 5 on charges of corruption in the INX Media case.
The senior Congress leader, who celebrated his 74th birthday on Monday, is in good health, sources said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Purse of Girl Lost in 1950s and Found in 2019 Reveals Fascinating Life of Retro American Teens
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details