Azad, Ahmed Patel Meet Chidambaram in Tihar Jail, Discuss Country's Political, Economic Situation
Congress leaders Ghulam Nabu Azad and Ahmed Patel met P Chidambaram in Tihar jail along with his son Karti.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leaders Ghulam Nabi Azad and Ahmed Patel met former finance minister P Chidambaram at Tihar Jail on Wednesday morning, sources said.
They were accompanied by Chidambaram's son and Congress MP, Karti.
The leaders are learnt to have discussed the current political situation, including Kashmir, upcoming elections and the economic situation in the country, during the half-hour meeting, the sources added.
Chidambaram has been lodged in Tihar jail since September 5 on charges of corruption in the INX Media case.
The senior Congress leader, who celebrated his 74th birthday on Monday, is in good health, sources said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers