Badaun Election Results 2017: Mahesh Chandra Gupta of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Badaun seat, constituency No. 115 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Mahesh Chandra Gupta of BJP has won the Badaun seat, constituency No. 115 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Badaun were Bhupendra Singh (BSP), Mahesh Chandra Gupta (BJP) Ramsewak Singh Patel (SHS), Abid Raza Khan (SP), Abinav Raj (Independent).
Badaun is a Muslim dominated constituency. Samajwadi Party’s sitting MLA Abid Raza Khan challenges Mahesh Chandra Gupta of BJP and Bhupendra Singh (BSP).
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by 15,413 votes in the 2012 Assembly elections. Abid Raza Khan, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 62,786 votes. The nearest contender was Mahesh Chandra Gupta of BJP who got 47,373 votes. The voter turnout was 61.81 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Bumrah Recovering Well, to be Assessed Again on Monday: MI
- Spotify, YouTube Music, Apple Music, JioSaavn And More: Music Streaming Battles Have Just Started
- A Doctor Saves A Dying Person, A Performer Saves A Dying Society: Pankaj Tripathi
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- Chinese Police Use Criminal's Childhood Picture On Wanted Poster, Says 'Features Don't Change'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s