Ballia Nagar Election Results 2017: Anand of BJP Wins
BJP's candidate Anand has won from Ballia Nagar, constituency No. 361 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
BJP's candidate Anand has won Ballia Nagar seat, constituency No. 361 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly, with 80599 votes.
The main candidates from Ballia Nagar were Narad Rai (BSP), Anand (BJP), Mithilesh Kumar Pandey (RLD) and Shailesh (CPM).
In the 2012 Assembly elections, the Samajwadi Party won this constituency by 25,128 votes. Narad Rai, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 58,875 votes. The nearest contender was Sathi Ramji Gupta of QED who got 33,747 votes. The voter turnout was a poor 48.65 %.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- 'Kya Be G***u': Martin Guptill Abusing Chahal on Live Television Leaves Rohit Sharma and Fans in Splits
- Jackie Shroff Has Won the 'LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Tinder' Meme. Y'all Can Go Home
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death