Barabanki Election Results 2017: Dharmraj Singh Yadav of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Barabanki seat, constituency No. 268 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Dharmraj Singh Yadav of SP won the Barabanki constituency No. 268 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Barabanki were Surendra Singh (BSP), Har Govind Singh (BJP), Brijesh Kumar (RLD), Dharmraj Singh Yadav Urf Suresh Yadav (SP).
The Samajwadi Party (SP) won this constituency by a formidable margin of 22,770 votes in 2012 Assembly elections. Dharam Raj, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 82,343 votes. The nearest contender was Sangram Singh of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) who got 59,573 votes. The voter turnout was 64.25 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors