Barabanki Election Results 2017: Dharmraj Singh Yadav of SP Wins
Counting is on for the Barabanki seat, constituency No. 268 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Dharmraj Singh Yadav of SP won the Barabanki constituency No. 268 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Barabanki were Surendra Singh (BSP), Har Govind Singh (BJP), Brijesh Kumar (RLD), Dharmraj Singh Yadav Urf Suresh Yadav (SP).
The Samajwadi Party (SP) won this constituency by a formidable margin of 22,770 votes in 2012 Assembly elections. Dharam Raj, the winning Samajwadi Party candidate, got 82,343 votes. The nearest contender was Sangram Singh of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) who got 59,573 votes. The voter turnout was 64.25 %.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Players Who Made the Jump From Cricket to Politics
- Coolie No 1 Remake: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan to Pair up for David Dhawan's Film
- IPL 2019 | Friends Turn Foes as CSK Take On RCB in Opener
- Rockstar Mummy: Million People Expected at King Tut Exhibition This Weekend
- Unpopular Opinion: This Viral Twitter Thread Needs to Be Snipped
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s