Bareilly Election Results 2017: Dr. Arun Kumar of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Bareilly seat, constituency No. 124 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Dr. Arun Kumar of BJP has won Bareilly seat.
The main candidates from Meerganj were Anees Ahamad Khan (BSP), Dr. Arun Kumar (BJP) Prem Prakash Agarwal (Congress), Sartaj Alvi (AIFB), Tarkeshwar Chaturvedi (CPI), Iqtaidar Uddin (RLD).
BJP has consistently been winning from this seat since 1985. Sitting MLA Dr. Arun Kumar takes on Prem Prakash Agarwal of the Congress and BSP’s Er. Anees Ahamad Khan.
The Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Dr. Arun Kumar, the winning BJP candidate, got 68,983 votes. The nearest contender was Dr. Anil Sharma of SP who got 41,921 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Erling Haaland Bags 20-minute Hat-trick on Borussia Dortmund Debut in Sensational Comeback Win
- Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji Continues Dream Run at Box Office, Earns Rs 128.97 Crore in 8 Days
- Rupinder Pal Singh Gets Brace as India Crush Netherlands in FIH Pro League Debut
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Good News For WhatsApp Users as Facebook Backs Down on Adverts, But There is a Catch