Bareilly Election Results 2017: Dr. Arun Kumar of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Bareilly seat, constituency No. 124 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Dr. Arun Kumar of BJP has won Bareilly seat.
The main candidates from Meerganj were Anees Ahamad Khan (BSP), Dr. Arun Kumar (BJP) Prem Prakash Agarwal (Congress), Sartaj Alvi (AIFB), Tarkeshwar Chaturvedi (CPI), Iqtaidar Uddin (RLD).
BJP has consistently been winning from this seat since 1985. Sitting MLA Dr. Arun Kumar takes on Prem Prakash Agarwal of the Congress and BSP’s Er. Anees Ahamad Khan.
The Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) defeated the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Dr. Arun Kumar, the winning BJP candidate, got 68,983 votes. The nearest contender was Dr. Anil Sharma of SP who got 41,921 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Javed Akhtar Denies Writing Songs for PM Modi Biopic, Says 'Shocked to Find My Name on the Poster'
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- Players Who Made the Jump From Cricket to Politics
- Should You Subscribe to Hotstar VIP or Hotstar Premium Ahead of IPL 2019?
- 'Florida Man' Internet Challenge is Making Everyone Google Their Birthdays
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s