Bathinda Rural Election Results 2017: SAD's Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta Loses to Rupinder Kaur Ruby of AAP
AAP's Rupinder Kaur Ruby has won the seat in Bathinda by getting 51572 votes.
Aam Aadmi Party's Rupinder Kaur Ruby has won the seat in Bathinda by getting 51,572 votes. Ruby has defeated Harvinder Singh Laddi (INC) and Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta (SAD) to win the seat in constituency No. 93 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Bathinda Rural were Davinderpal Singh (BSP), Jagtar Singh (AITC), Rupinder Kaur Ruby (AAP), Harvinder Singh Laddi (INC) and Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
SAD fielded a parachute candidate from Bathinda Rural, Amit Rattan, a mechanical engineer.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Reel Movie Awards 2019: When and Where to Watch Live
- A Burger, French Fries And Some Artificial Intelligence With Your Next McDonald’s Order
- IPL 2019 | Kaushik: Maybe Next Time Jos, Simply Don't Cross the Line?
- Nayanthara Urges Internal Probe Against Radha Ravi for Making Misogynistic Comments Against Her
- Poem Penned by Narendra Modi to be Used in Web Series on His Life
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s