Bathinda Rural Election Results 2017: SAD's Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta Loses to Rupinder Kaur Ruby of AAP
AAP's Rupinder Kaur Ruby has won the seat in Bathinda by getting 51572 votes.
Aam Aadmi Party's Rupinder Kaur Ruby has won the seat in Bathinda by getting 51,572 votes. Ruby has defeated Harvinder Singh Laddi (INC) and Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta (SAD) to win the seat in constituency No. 93 of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
The main candidates from Bathinda Rural were Davinderpal Singh (BSP), Jagtar Singh (AITC), Rupinder Kaur Ruby (AAP), Harvinder Singh Laddi (INC) and Er. Amit Rattan Kotfatta (SAD).
In 2012, the state had voted in favour of the BJP-Akali Dal combine, bringing Parkash Singh Badal back to power.
SAD fielded a parachute candidate from Bathinda Rural, Amit Rattan, a mechanical engineer.
This time the ruling combine faced off against a resurgent Congress and the debutant Aam Aadmi Party. The state was the first to vote among the five states that went to the polls this time. Elections to the 117-seat Punjab assembly were held on February 4.
Exit polls have predicted a drubbing for the BJP-Akali Dal combine in the state with the Congress and the AAP predicted to be neck-and-neck.
For live Punjab assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Railways to Run Promotional Trains, Akshay Kumar, Housefull 4 Crew First Taker
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media