Bengal BJP Hits Out at TMC over Attack on Karimpur Assembly Bypoll Candidate
BJP national spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao said the party's candidate in Karimpur assembly Jay Prakash Majumdar was attacked by 'TMC goons'.
New Delhi: Hitting out at the TMC for an alleged attack on one of its Assembly bypoll candidates in West Bengal, the BJP on Monday said it shows jitteriness of state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and that she is trying to win by resorting to violence.
Addressing a press conference here, BJP national spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao said the party's candidate in Karimpur assembly Jay Prakash Majumdar was attacked by "TMC goons".
The manner in which Mamata Banerjee is resorting to political violence to win the by-elections shows her jitteriness and the Election Commission should take cognisance of it, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report