Beti Bachao Programme Was First Started by Guru Gobind Singh, Says Himachal Guv
Governor Devvrat said that the great saints and gurus of Sikhs made their highest contribution in building the society and nation in the past.
File photo: Beti Bachao campaign
Shimla: Launched by the Narendra Modi-led NDA government a few years ago, the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme was in fact first started by Guru Gobind Singh for empowering the girl child, Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat said on Saturday.
"Guru Gobind Singh ji had started the movement in the name of 'Kudi Bachhao' from Kangra (district) to save the girl child and, at present, this movement has been given the form of 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Abhiyan," Devvrat said, while addressing a convocation of the Eternal University in Sirmaur district.
Urging the people to support and be a part of this campaign, Devvrat said that great saints and gurus of Sikhs made their highest contribution in building the society and nation in the past.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships