Bhagwantnagar Election Results 2017: Hriday Narayan Dikshit of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Bhagwantnagar seat, constituency No. 166 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Hriday Narayan Dikshit of BJP has won the Bhagwantnagar seat, constituency No. 166 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly where Hriday Narayan Dikshit of BJP is leading.
The main candidates from Bhagwantnagar were Shashank Shekhar Singh (BSP), Hriday Narayan Dikshit (BJP) Ankit Parihar (Congress), Vinay Kumari Singh (RLD), Rameshwar (Independent), Kuldeep Singh Sengar (SP).
Bhagwantinagar is a Brahmin dominated constituency. Sitting MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar of Samajwadi Party has a fight against Hriday Narayan Dikshit (BJP), chief party spokesperson of the state and former member of UP legislative council.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Kuldeep Singh Sengar, the winning SP candidate, got 69,514 votes. The nearest contender was Poonam Shukla of BJP who got 45,685 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Recap: Arya Stark Joins the Faceless Men, Jon Snow Stabbed to Death
- Wasim & Waqar Receive Pakistan’s Second Highest-civilian Award
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: Delhi Police Bus, Hyundai, Kia Motors & Ola, Boeing 737
- PUBG Mobile Ban: India Could Get Six Hour Play Time Restriction to Curb Addiction
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s