Bihar Congress President Says Rahul Gandhi a 'Janeudhari Sanatani Hindu'
Qadri said his leader believes in the Shashtras (Hindu scriptures) and follows Hinduism while respecting other religions and beliefs.
File photo of Congress president Rahul Gandhi waving during a road show. (PTI photo)
Bihar: State Congress President Qaukab Qadri on Thursday claimed that Rahul Gandhi was a devout 'Sanatan' Hindu who wears the Janeu (sacred thread) all the time.
Qadri was defending Rahul for registering himself as a non-Hindu before entering Somnath Temple in Gujarat.
Qadri, who was recently appointed the acting president by the Congress vice-president, said his leader believes in the Shashtras (Hindu scriptures) and follows Hinduism while respecting other religions and beliefs.
He further said that Rahul was bound to go to Somanth as he is a Shiv devotee and it was one the spots where the Jyotirlinga was established.
“Leaders of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) and followers of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) are fake Hindus, with no knowledge of Sanatan traditions. They only hate and dislike other religions,” Qadri said in his statement.
The Bihar Congress President further claimed that his party would emerge victorious in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, as “Rahul’s popularity had sent shock waves within the rank and file of BJP”.
Qadri also accused BJP leaders of diluting the political discourse and indulging in cheap politicking for trying to salvage the party in Gujarat.
The controversy surrounding Rahul’s visit to Somnath had become a big issue in the ongoing campaign for Gujarat elections with BJP leaders claiming that the Congress vice-president had shown the true pictures of his thoughts and beliefs.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Experienced Shakib & Mushfiqur Lead the Way on Tough Southampton Track
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- ‘Cricket Not About Six Pack’: Jayawardane Uses Malinga’s Viral Image to Hail Heroics Against England
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s