Biplab Deb's Wife Rubbishes Divorce Rumours, Calls it Conspiracy to Target Tripura CM
Niti said Biplab Deb was working hard for the state but efforts were being made to harass him.
File photo of Tripura BJP chief Biplab Deb along with his wife Niti Deb. (Image: Facebook)
Guwahati: Niti Deb, the wife of Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb, on Saturday rubbished divorce rumours and called them an effort to harass her husband.
Speaking to News18, Niti said, “I am really surprised with this development. I was away from my house for just 15 days and these rumours started circulating. I am more worried for my children, how will they react when they get to know?”
Niti also called the rumours a conspiracy against her husband, saying he was working hard for the state but efforts were being made to harass him. Denying reports of harassment, Niti said, “If I had to file a legal petition, why would I use someone else to spread the news? I will tell everyone on my own. You know it’s very easy to say anything about a woman. Earlier, our minister Shantana Chakma was targeted and now it’s me.”
Niti had also cleared the air on Friday with a Facebook post after reports started doing the rounds that she had accused Deb of domestic violence. “This is really not acceptable, fake evidence and fake reports are getting circulated,” she said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Cardi B Once Drugged, Robbed Late Rapper Chinx Drugz
- Rhea Chakraborty Visits Blue Grotto Cave in Italy on Trip with Sushant Singh Rajput, Watch Video
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony