Giant Killer from Bengal, Debashree Chaudhuri is New MoS in Ministry of Woman and Child Development
In the 2019 Lok Sabha election, Chaudhuri defeated Trinamool Congress candidate Agarwal Kanaialal with a margin of 60,574 votes.
New Delhi: Debasree Chaudhuri greets Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other leaders after she took oath as a minister of state during the swearing-in ceremony at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi, Thursday, May 30, 2019. (PTI)
New Delhi: After defeating CPI(M) MP Mohammad Salim and Congress's Deepa Dasmunshi from the Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency, West Bengal BJP general secretary Debashree Chaudhuri was made Minister of State in the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
She was sworn into Prime Minister Narendra Modi's new cabinet on Thursday.
In the 2019 Lok Sabha election, Chaudhuri defeated Trinamool Congress candidate Agarwal Kanaialal with a margin of 60,574 votes, or 4.74% of the vote share. Chaudhuri secured 5.11 lakh votes (40.06% vote share) while Kanaialal received 4.51 lakh votes (35.32% vote share).
Chaudhuri contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Burdwan-Durgapur seat in West Bengal but lost. With 17.8% of the vote share, Chaudhuri got 2.37 lakh votes and finished third. The TMC’s Mamtaz Sanghamita had then won the seat.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Multiple Reports
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s