BJP Candidate in Odisha Quits Party, Joins BJD
BJP's Anandpur Assembly constituency candidate Bhagirathi Sethi in 2014 had resigned from the BJD after being denying party ticket and joined BJP.
Bhagirathi Sethi joined BJD in the presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
Bhubaneswar: The BJP's Anandpur Assembly constituency candidate Bhagirathi Sethi resigned from the party on Friday and joined the ruling Biju Janata Dal.
Sethi along with his supporters joined the regional party in the presence of Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik.
"I am glad that Bhagirathi Sethi has returned to the Biju Janata Dal. His rejoining will strengthen the party," Patnaik said.
"I decided to quit BJP due to infighting in the party and conspiracy against him. This is my home coming," Sethi told reporters here.
Sethi in 2014 had resigned from the BJD after being denying party ticket and joined BJP.
Sethi had won the seat in the 2009 elections on BJD ticket.
Anandapur Assembly constituency is in Keonjhar district. Assembly election and Lok Sabha polls in Odisha will be he held simultaneously in four phases on April 11, 18, 23 and 29.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More