BJP CEC Meets Again to Finalise Candidate List for Lok Sabha Elections
Sources said the BJP's CEC may meet again on Wednesday to further discuss names of the candidates.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP National President Amit Shah and other leaders during the BJP Central Election Committee meeting for Lok Sabha elections in New Delhi, March 16, 201a9. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: The BJP's central election committee on Tuesday met to deliberate upon the names of party's candidates in various states for the Lok Sabha elections.
This is the second meeting of the BJP's CEC, which includes party chief Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The BJP had almost finalised its candidates for seven north eastern states, Bihar, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in the last meeting and some more candidates are likely to be finalised in Tuesday's meeting, sources in the party said.
Sources also said the party's CEC may also meet on March 20 to further discuss names of the candidates.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India