BJP, Congress Nominees for Ajmer Lok Sabha Bypoll File Nominations
Bypolls in Ajmer and Alwar Lok Sabha and Mandalgarh Assembly constituencies will be held on January 29.
Image for representation
Jaipur: BJP candidate Ramswaroop Lamba and Congress candidate Raghu Sharma on Wednesday filed their nomination papers for the by-election to the Ajmer Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates were accompanied by senior leaders of their parties and supporters.
Lamba is the son of Sanwar Lal Jat, who represented the Ajmer Lok Sabha seat and died of cardiac arrest last year. Sharma is a former Congress MLA.
Bypolls in Ajmer and Alwar Lok Sabha and Mandalgarh Assembly constituencies will be held on January 29. Today is the last date for filing of nominations and scrutiny will take place on Thursday.
The last date for withdrawal of nomination papers is January 15.
Ajmer and Alwar Lok Sabha constituencies and Mandalgarh (Bhilwara district) assembly seat are going to bypoll due to the deaths of Ajmer MP Sanwar Lal Jat, Alwar MP Chand Nath and Mandalgarh MLA Kirti Kumari (all of BJP) last year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots