BJP Expels Four Rebels Contesting Against Official Nominees in Maharashtra Polls
A BJP release said Charan Waghmare (Bhandara), Geeta Jain (Thane), Balasaheb Ohwal (Pimpri-Chinchwad) and Dilip Deshmukh (Latur) have been expelled from the party.
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis with Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray in Mumbai on Friday. (PTI)
Mumbai: The BJP on Thursday expelled four rebels who are contesting against the official nominees of the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in the October 21 assembly elections.
A BJP release said Charan Waghmare (Tumsar-Bhandara district), Geeta Jain (Mira-Bhayandar, Thane district), Balasaheb Ohwal (Pimpri-Chinchwad) and Dilip Deshmukh (Ahmedpur-Latur district) have been expelled from the party.
Santos Janhate, who was Palghar district general secretary, is contesting as an independent candidate after quitting the party, the release said.
The BJP and its allies are contesting 162 seats, while the Uddhav Thackeray-led party has fielded candidates in 126 segments in the 288-member assembly.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria