BJP Govt Turning Goa into 'Sin City' with Casinos, Drugs: Congress MLA
Goa Congress MLA Luizinho Faleiro added that gradually, the state will become the 'sex capital of India and then drugs capital of India'.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Panaji: Goa Congress MLA Luizinho Faleiro has claimed that casinos, drugs and prostitution are turning the coastal state, which is known for its picturesque beaches, into a "sin city".
Faleiro made the comments in the state Assembly on Monday during a discussion on demands for grants for the tourism department.
"The ill-gotten revenue from the casinos is coming into the state treasury and Goa is turning out to be a sin city," the former chief minister said, while expressing his anguish over some of the latest trends dominating the tourism industry.
"Gradually, we will become the sex capital of India and then drugs capital of India," he remarked.
Faleiro claimed that many of the tourists visit Goa for casinos, drugs and prostitution.
He accused the BJP-led Goa government of promoting the state as the "sin city of India".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- 'No Way Out': Elon Musk Thinks Earth Will Ultimately Perish When a Huge Asteroid Strikes Us
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Redmi Note 8 Pro With 64-Megapixel Quad Camera to Launch on August 29