BJP MLA Allegedly Threatened Electricity Board After Herd of Cows Was Electrocuted in MP's Sagar
The BJP MLA from Rehli, Gopal Bhargava is said to have threatened the board with severe protests, demanding compensation for the cattle owners.
In a video, the Rehli MLA is seen threatening officials saying that stones will be pelted at the building of the board. (Image : ANI)
BJP leader Gopal Bhargava allegedly threatened to attack an electricity board building after a herd of cows was electrocuted in Madhya Pradesh's Sagar district.
He is said to have threatened the board with severe protests, demanding compensation for the cattle owners. In a video, the Rehli MLA is seen threatening officials saying that stones will be pelted at the building of the board, according to an ANI report.
The report quoted the MLA as blaming the board for not taking responsibility for the incident. The animals are said to have died while they were grazing in forest area. Reports said that the herd stepped on a live wire, which had snapped from the electricity board's building.
The incident comes days after the Madhya Pradesh government ordered a magisterial inquiry into the deaths of over a dozen cows due to alleged negligence at the dairy farm of a BJP leader.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma