BJP MP and Modi Critic Nana Patole Quits Party and Lok Sabha
Nana Patole had joined the BJP before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in which he defeated NCP heavyweight Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya constituency.
File photo of Nata Patole. (Photo credit: Rama Shankar, Network18)
New Delhi: BJP MP from Maharashtra Nana Patole, who has been critical of the state government and taken potshots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Friday said he has resigned from the party and the Lok Sabha.
Patole has been a member of other parties, including the Congress, in the past. He had joined the BJP before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in which he defeated NCP heavyweight Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya constituency.
He had denounced the BJP over a host of issues, including farmers' distress.
In a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, he cited 14 issues related to agriculture, economy and unemployment as reasons for his resignation.
He alleged that he had time and again raised the issues with the prime minister but they were ignored.
Recommended For You
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- Biker Saves Three Girls from Eve-Teasing, Shows Importance of Mounted Cams in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s