BJP MP and Modi Critic Nana Patole Quits Party and Lok Sabha
Nana Patole had joined the BJP before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in which he defeated NCP heavyweight Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya constituency.
File photo of Nata Patole. (Photo credit: Rama Shankar, Network18)
New Delhi: BJP MP from Maharashtra Nana Patole, who has been critical of the state government and taken potshots at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Friday said he has resigned from the party and the Lok Sabha.
Patole has been a member of other parties, including the Congress, in the past. He had joined the BJP before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in which he defeated NCP heavyweight Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya constituency.
He had denounced the BJP over a host of issues, including farmers' distress.
In a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, he cited 14 issues related to agriculture, economy and unemployment as reasons for his resignation.
He alleged that he had time and again raised the issues with the prime minister but they were ignored.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge