Court Issues Non-Bailable Warrant Against BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj in Land Fraud Case
In 2012, Sakshi Maharaj along with Prem Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Jai Prakash and Chokhelal had allegedly transferred a chunk of land, originally a part of a cremation ground in their name.
File photo of Sakshi Maharaj, the BJP lawmaker from Unnao. (Reuters)
Lucknow: A non-bailable warrant has been issued against BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj in a land dispute case involving a cremation ground. The Special Judge of MP-MLA Court in Prayagraj, Pawan Kumar Tiwari issued a warrant against him and five others on Monday and ordered immediate arrest of the accused.
In 2012, Sakshi Maharaj along with Prem Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Jai Prakash and Chokhelal had allegedly transferred a chunk of land, originally a part of a cremation ground in their name. An FIR was filed against them by Jabar Singh and after due investigations, a chargesheet was filed in the court.
After going through the documents it was observed that charges had to be fixed, but the accused repeatedly failed to turn up for the hearing. This court pulled them up for wasting its time and issued the warrant. The next hearing is scheduled on March 12.
Sachchidanand Hari Sakshi better known as Sakshi Maharaj often grabs eyeballs with his controversial statements.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- Over 200 Million Wi-Fi Enabled Devices Sold in India in 2018, Claims Report
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s