BJP Releases New List, Replaces Uma Bharti with Anurag Sharma for Jhansi
Uma Bharti, who currently serves as the Cabinet Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, had already announced that she would not contest the elections.
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday released another list of 24 candidates for the Lok Sabha election and replaced Union minister Uma Bharti with Anurag Sharma as its nominee from Jhansi.
Bharti, who currently serves as the Cabinet Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, had already announced that she would not contest the elections.
The list includes eight candidates in Haryana, four each in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, and three each in Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand. The BJP also announced its candidates for one seat each in West Bengal and Odisha.
With this, the party has so far announced 407 candidates for the seven-phase Lok Sabha election which will start on April 11 and continue till May 19. Counting of the votes will take place on May 23.
The BJP has already renominated Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Varanasi and fielded Amit Shah from Gandhinagar in Gujarat in place of senior party leader LK Advani.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria