BJP, Shiv Sena Finalise Alliance for Maharashtra Assembly Elections
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Sena president Uddhav Thackeray will announce the quantum of seat sharing through a joint statement, senior state BJP minister Chandrakant Patil said.
Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray offers sweets to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis as they celebrate NDA's victory in Lok Sabha elections, in Mumbai. (Image: PTI)
Mumbai: The BJP and Shiv Sena have finalised the seat-sharing deal for the Maharashtra assembly elections 2019, senior state BJP minister Chandrakant Patil said here on Monday.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Sena president Uddhav Thackeray will announce the quantum of seat sharing through a joint statement, Patil told reporters. The development comes a day after Thackeray handed out mandatory A-B forms — a form which mentions the official party candidate — to his party's candidates, including to son Aaditya Thackeray.
Aaditya Thackeray will become the first Thackeray to contest an election. He said on Monday that he will contest the Worli assembly segment in Mumbai.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Ravi Shastri Sleeping During India-South Africa Match is the Internet's New Favourite Meme
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge