BJP Slams Navjot Singh Sidhu for Praising Imran Khan at Kartarpur Corridor Inauguration
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra criticised Sidhu's remarks praising Imran Khan and describing him as the king of hearts.
File photo of Punjab Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu.
New Delhi: The BJP on Sunday slammed Congress leader Navjot Sidhu for praising Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan at the Kartarpur corridor inauguration across the international border and allegedly seeking to present Pakistani leadership on a higher pedestal than India's.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra criticised Sidhu's remarks praising Imran Khan and describing him as the king of hearts. Sidhu had said, "Sikandar (Alexander) had won the world with fear and you won the heart all over the world."
Patra alleged that by making such remarks, Sidhu sought to show Pakistan and Khan on a higher pedestal than India.
He said Sidhu also reportedly projected himself as a representative of 14 crore Sikhs.
"He was invited as a chief guest there. He was not part of the official 'jatha' which went from India. Who gave him this right," Patra questioned.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dimple Kapadia Quashes Hospitalisation Rumours, Says 'I am Alive and Kicking'
- Kriti Sanon's Mimi First Look Revealed in Leaked Pics from Rajasthan Sets
- WhatsApp Confirms a New Threat; Android And iOS Users at Risk From Malicious Video Files
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits
- UP Power Minister Gets Prepaid Electricity Meter at Home to Set Example for Other Politicians