BJP to Discuss Govt's Achievement in National Executive Meet
The BJP at present has less than 50 MLAs in a 403-member house in Uttar Pradesh.
Allahabad: Two-day Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national executive committee meeting will begin on Sunday and is likely to focus on the achievements of NDA government and strategies to expand party base in Uttar Pradesh.
The meeting is unlikely to have any discussions on chief ministerial candidate for Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls slated for early 2017.
BJP leader Arun Singh said, "The chief ministerial candidate will be declared by the Parliamentary board. Since the national Executive is being held from Kumbh Nagari we are sending a message to all the people across the country that the BJP is going to win UP and other states."
BJP National General Secretary, Bhupendra Yadav, said, "We will discuss our performance in the recently held elections."
The BJP at present has less than 50 MLAs in a 403-member house, a massive decline since the 1990s when it used to be the top political group in the state.
The party owes much of its recent buoyancy to its dramatic comeback in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections when it contested 78 out of 80 seats and romped home with a stunning tally of 71.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough