BJP Workers Storm Lucknow Party Office; Gherao UP Chief Keshav Maurya
BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
Lucknow: BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
They alleged that outsiders were given a preference and not the local party workers.
Uttar Pradesh BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya was also gheraoed. A scuffle broke out after agitated workers raised slogans against the party’s central leadership for step-motherly attitude towards local leaders.
The BJP has played down the event. “It's true that some workers are upset. There were more than one candidates for one seat who felt that they were the ones who could lead the party to a win, so it was difficult choosing one person,” BJP leader Vijay Bahadur Rana said.
“Ultimately, they are BJP's candidates only. We're talking to them, we'll calm them down,” he added.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Motorcycle Returns To India: Shah Rukh Khan Goes Nostalgic, Says 'Grew Up On This'
- Stan Lee's Last Message For His Fans Will Leave You Teary-eyed
- Bigg Boss 12: Shilpa Shinde Brutally Trolled for Defending Sreesanth on Washing Utensils
- This is What Farah Khan has Gifted Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh for Their Wedding
- Sara Ali Khan on Sushant Singh Rajput: I Couldn’t Have Done Any of It Without Him