BJP Workers Storm Lucknow Party Office; Gherao UP Chief Keshav Maurya
BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
Lucknow: BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
They alleged that outsiders were given a preference and not the local party workers.
Uttar Pradesh BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya was also gheraoed. A scuffle broke out after agitated workers raised slogans against the party’s central leadership for step-motherly attitude towards local leaders.
The BJP has played down the event. “It's true that some workers are upset. There were more than one candidates for one seat who felt that they were the ones who could lead the party to a win, so it was difficult choosing one person,” BJP leader Vijay Bahadur Rana said.
“Ultimately, they are BJP's candidates only. We're talking to them, we'll calm them down,” he added.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Titans Review: A Mix of Noir and Rib-cracking Action Makes this DC Show on Netflix Worth a Watch
- Hard to Find a Corner to Relax - Djokovic Concerned About 'Big Brother' Cameras
- Daughter Riddhima Shares Throwback Photos on Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's 39th Wedding Anniversary
- Cardiff Striker Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Suspected Plane Crash
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s