BJP Workers Storm Lucknow Party Office; Gherao UP Chief Keshav Maurya
BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
Lucknow: BJP workers on Wednesday stormed into the party’s headquarters in Lucknow protesting against tickets being given to outsiders in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh polls.
They alleged that outsiders were given a preference and not the local party workers.
Uttar Pradesh BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya was also gheraoed. A scuffle broke out after agitated workers raised slogans against the party’s central leadership for step-motherly attitude towards local leaders.
The BJP has played down the event. “It's true that some workers are upset. There were more than one candidates for one seat who felt that they were the ones who could lead the party to a win, so it was difficult choosing one person,” BJP leader Vijay Bahadur Rana said.
“Ultimately, they are BJP's candidates only. We're talking to them, we'll calm them down,” he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Unseen Pictures From Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput's Wedding Surface, See Here
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring