BJP Working President J P Nadda Given 'Z' Category Security Cover
The decision has been taken by the Union Home Ministry taking into consideration of the increased threat perception on Nadda, who has taken the charge of the ruling party's crucial post nearly four months ago.
File photo of new BJP working president JP Nadda.
New Delhi: BJP working president J P Nadda has been accorded with 'Z' category security and he will be guarded by the commandos of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) round the clock, officials said on Thursday.
The decision has been taken by the Union Home Ministry taking into consideration the increased threat perception on Nadda, who has taken the charge of the ruling party's crucial post nearly four months ago.
The BJP working president has been accorded with the 'Z' category security in all India basis, a home ministry official said.
A total of 35 commandos of the CRPF will guard Nadda on a rotational basis and at any given time, eight to nine commandos will give him proximate security.
Following the decision, Nadda will be given the 'Z' category protection wherever he travels within the country.
In addition to the proximate security, CRPF personnel will also be posted to guard Nadda's residence here, another official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination