BJP's Anshul Verma Joins SP, Says Not Prefixing 'Chowkidar' on Twitter May Have Cost Him Ticket
He was denied ticket by the BJP for the Lok Sabha elections and the party has fielded Jai Prakash Rawat from the Hardoi seat.
Anshul Verma with Akhilesh Yadav.
Lucknow: BJP MP Anshul Verma joined the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday after he was denied ticket by the Bharatiya Janata Party for the Lok Sabha polls.
"I have joined the SP without any conditions. My fault for denial of ticket might be that I had raised voice against distribution of liquor in a temple premises at a conference of the Pasi community, to which I belong," Verma said.
"I was hurt by this and had also written to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath," Verma told reporters at the SP headquarters in presence of party supremo Akhilesh Yadav.
Verma said his other fault might be that he did not prefix the word 'chowkidar' to his name in Twitter profile. He was denied ticket by the BJP for the Lok Sabha elections and the party has fielded Jai Prakash Rawat from the Hardoi seat, held by Verma.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury