BJP's Ladakh MP Resigns from Party, Lok Sabha on 'Health Grounds'
Chhewang, 71, has reportedly resigned to pursue a "spiritual life" and had also been suffering from health issues.
New Delhi BJP MP Thupstan Chhewang, who represents Ladakh in the Lok Sabha, has resigned from the House and also the party, its Jammu and Kashmir unit president Ravinder Raina said Thursday.
Chhewang, 71, has resigned to pursue a "spiritual life" and had also been suffering from health issues, Raina told PTI, insisting that his resignation is on personal grounds.
The Ladakha MP in his letter written on Wednesday said he was resigning from the party's primary membership on "health grounds" with immediate effect. He was also quitting as an MP, he added.
Chhewang, who was serving his second term in the Lower House, could not be reached for comments.
Raina said the MP had been insisting for over a year that he wanted to quit politics and pursue a spiritual life. He also had health issues, the state party chief said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works