BJP's Women MPs Approach EC Over Rahul Gandhi's Remark, Smriti Irani Says 'He's Using Rape as Political Tool'
Irani charged Gandhi with using rape as a 'political tool' in the wake of assembly polls in Jharkhand.
Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani addresses with Saroj Pandey, Ritika Pathak and Maneka Gandhi, Ranjanben Dhananjay Bhatt and others BJP MP after a meeting with Election Commission officers in New Delhi, Friday, Dec. 13, 2019. (PTI)
New Delhi: A delegation of BJP's women parliamentarians including Union minister Smriti Irani on Friday approached the Election Commission and demanded "strongest possible action" against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for his comment on rape.
Irani charged Gandhi with using rape as a "political tool" in the wake of assembly polls in Jharkhand.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Data Privacy Day, Know How Facial Recognition in India is Only Going to Get Worse
- Shaheer Sheikh Throws Fun Gala for Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Cast
- PUBG Mobile: Best Weapons to Choose and Full List of Weapon Stats
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA
- Journey to the Sun: New NASA-ESA Mission to Peek at Sun's Poles for the First Time