Bomb Thrown at LDF Leader Pinarayi's Victory Procession, 1 Dead
The explosion took place at Kannur district in Kerala.
Kannur: A bomb was thrown at LDF leader Pinarayi Vijayan's victory procession in Kannur, Kerala on Thursday, a few hours after the assembly elections results were announced. One person was killed and at least four others injured in the attack.
CPM alleged that some RSS-BJP workers came in a vehicle and hurled a bomb at Pinarayi in Dharmadam assembly segment from where CPM politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan won.
One person identified as Raveendran (47) died and four others were injured when the bomb exploded, police said.
In another incident at Mattannur, a bomb was hurled at a victory rally in which four CPM workers were injured. Clashes between CPM and BJP workers have been reported from some other parts of Kannur also, police said.
At Vidyanagar in Kasaragod, workers of CPM and BJP clashed and LDF'S winning candidate E Chandrasekharan and CPM state committee member A K Narayanan were injured in stone pelting incidents.
Police burst teargas shells to chase away the workers. CPM and IUML workers clashed at Kanhangad, police said. Kasaragod district collector has imposed prohibitory orders at Kasaragod, Kanhangad and Manjeswaram.
With PTI inputs.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Bigg Boss 13: Who Will Get Evicted from the House This Week? Vote Here
- Australian Open 2020 Day 7 HIGHLIGHTS: Federer Joins Djokovic, Barty in Quarter-finals
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online