Bravery and Dignity of Wayanad People Truly Humbling, Says Rahul After Visiting Flood-hit State
"I left Wayanad with nothing but pride for the people I represent," Rahul Gandhi wrote on his Facebook page.
Rahul Gandhi holds a child during his visit to flood affected people at a relief camp, in Wayanad district. (Image: PTI)
Kozhikode: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has praised the flood-hit people of his Wayanad Lok Sabha constituency, saying the bravery and dignity displayed by them in the face of tragedy was "truly humbling."
"I left Wayanad with nothing but pride for the people I represent," Gandhi wrote on his Facebook page.
He left Kerala on Tuesday morning after winding up his two-day visit to Wayanad ravaged by floods and landslides.
"The display of bravery and dignity in the face of immense tragedy is truly humbling. It is such an honour and pleasure to be your MP. Thank you Kerala," he wrote.
Gandhi had visited flood-hit areas including worst-hit Puthumala in Wayanad district and Kavalappara near Nilambur in Malappuram district.
At Puthumala and Kavalappara, where landslides wrecked havoc last week, many people are still feared to be trapped beneath the debris.
The Congress leader has urged the Central and state governments to "aggressively support" the people hit by the national calamity.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T Get OxygenOS 10.3.1 Update With Bug Fixes, December Security Patch
- Grammys 2020: Nick Jonas Has the Best Response to Fans Pointing Out What Was Stuck in His Teeth
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- PUBG Mobile: Exclusive Maserati Ghibli Skin For Dacia Spotted