BSP Announces Second List of 29 candidates for Madhya Pradesh Polls
The Mayawati-led party has so far announced 51 candidates for the 230-member Assembly.
File photo of BSP chief Mayawati.
Bhopal: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) issued its second list for 29 seats for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections on Friday.
With this, the Mayawati-led party has so far announced 51 candidates for the 230-member Assembly.
It had declared its first list last month, dashing the Congress's hope of an alliance. "We are going to fight all 230 seats in MP," state BSP chief Pradeep Ahirwar said.
The party has so far nominated 40 new faces and the candidates include Brahmins, Thakurs and members of other upper caste communities too, he said. The BSP has four MLAs in the BJP-ruled state which will go to the polls on November 28.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans