BSP Leader Shot Dead by Unidentified Assailants in Rajasthan's Alwar
Jasram Gurjar, 40, was the BSP candidate from Behror constituency in the 2018 state assembly elections.
Image used for representation.
Jaipur: A Bahujan Samaj Party leader was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Rajasthan's Alwar district on Monday, police said. Jasram Gurjar, 40, was the BSP candidate from Behror constituency in the 2018 state assembly elections.
The attackers fired at Gurjar near a temple in Jainpurbas village in Behror, Station House Officer (SHO) Sagun Singh said. The SHO said Gurjar was rushed to a hospital where he died during treatment.
The body was sent for post-mortem, Singh said, adding that efforts were on to identify and nab the accused.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Kapil Sharma Asks Fan to 'Fact Check' After Being Called Out for Disrespecting Women
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?