Now, BSP's Ayodhya Hopeful Siddiqui Booked for Gangrape
Bahujan Samaj Party candidate from Ayodhya seat, Bazmi Siddiqui and his six aides were on Saturday booked by the police for allegedly raping a woman.
Faizabad: After Samajwadi Party’s Gayatri Prajapati, another candidate in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh elections has been booked for rape.
Bahujan Samaj Party candidate from Ayodhya, Bazmi Siddiqui, and six of his aides were on Saturday booked by the police for allegedly raping a woman.
The complainant has alleged that Siddiqui and his men forcibly entered her house in Purani Sabzi Mandi locality of Faizabad city under Kotwali police station area late Saturday night.
They allegedly beat up the woman and her family members and then took turns to rape her, police said.
Also Read: Non-Bailable Warrant Against Rape Accused UP Minister, Passport Revoked
Faizabad SSP Anant Dev told PTI that five of the accused men have been arrested and police teams were conducting raids to locate and arrest Siddiqui and one of his aides.
The complainant has alleged that Siddiqi had raped her three months ago also but the local police "managed" to save him.
Police said Siddiqi has several cases of crimes registered against him in Faizabad and Lucknow.
Siddiqi made news during the ongoing UP assembly election after media reported him as first Muslim candidate fielded by BSP on Ayodhya seat.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Makdee Actor Shweta Basu Prasad Marries Boyfriend Rohit Mittal in a Bengali Ceremony, See Pics
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Ex-Couple Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande's Sweet Exchange on Instagram is Unmissable
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s