Now, BSP's Ayodhya Hopeful Siddiqui Booked for Gangrape
Bahujan Samaj Party candidate from Ayodhya seat, Bazmi Siddiqui and his six aides were on Saturday booked by the police for allegedly raping a woman.
Faizabad: After Samajwadi Party’s Gayatri Prajapati, another candidate in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh elections has been booked for rape.
Bahujan Samaj Party candidate from Ayodhya, Bazmi Siddiqui, and six of his aides were on Saturday booked by the police for allegedly raping a woman.
The complainant has alleged that Siddiqui and his men forcibly entered her house in Purani Sabzi Mandi locality of Faizabad city under Kotwali police station area late Saturday night.
They allegedly beat up the woman and her family members and then took turns to rape her, police said.
Also Read: Non-Bailable Warrant Against Rape Accused UP Minister, Passport Revoked
Faizabad SSP Anant Dev told PTI that five of the accused men have been arrested and police teams were conducting raids to locate and arrest Siddiqui and one of his aides.
The complainant has alleged that Siddiqi had raped her three months ago also but the local police "managed" to save him.
Police said Siddiqi has several cases of crimes registered against him in Faizabad and Lucknow.
Siddiqi made news during the ongoing UP assembly election after media reported him as first Muslim candidate fielded by BSP on Ayodhya seat.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Dravid Asked Us to Play Our Natural Game in England: Prithvi Shaw
- Tahir Rested for SL ODIs as Proteas Assess World Cup Spin Options
- Decision to Ratify Player Contracts to be Taken at BCCI SGM on Friday
- Anil Kapoor Feels His Niece Shanaya Kapoor Is 'India's Answer to Catherine Zeta-Jones'
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Brazil Held by Gritty Switzerland — Relive the Goals