80% voter turnout for Dholpur bypoll
* Around 80 percent turnout was witnessed in the polling for the Dholpur Assembly constituency where the ruling BJP is engaged in a fierce fight with opposition Congress and a dozen independent candidates.
* It was a peaceful election on 231 booths, which nearly 1500 polling personnel handled, said Chief Electoral Officer Ashwini Bhagat
* Tight security arrangements were made on sensitive polling booths. Approximately 80 percent voters exercised their right, said Chief Electoral Officer Ashwini Bhagat
* Due to some technical problem, voting had to be stopped at polling booth No-163. The matter was informed to the Election Commission of India (ECI) and re-polling may be done on the booth.
* For the first time voters exercised their franchise on VVPAT (Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail) machines, which have been introduced in the state for the first time.
* Apart from BJP candidate Shobha Rani and Congress's Banwari Lal Sharma and 13 other candidates including 12 independents contested election.
* Nearly 1.91 lakh voters were eligible to to cast their votes.
* Counting of votes will take place on April 13.