Bypolls to Two Rajya Sabha Seats from Uttar Pradesh to be Held on September 23
The two Rajya Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh had fallen vacant after the two SP MPs switched to BJP earlier this month.
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Thursday announced bypolls to two Rajya Sabha seats from Uttar Pradesh which fell vacant after Samajwadi Party members resigned to join the BJP.
The election will be held on September 23 and the counting will take place on the same evening.
The notification for the bypolls will be issued on September 5, the Commission said.
Sanjay Seth and Surendra Singh Nagar hadresigned earlier this month from their seats and had joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Their terms were to end on July 7, 2022.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots