Cases Filed Against BJP Worker, 2 Others For Allegedly Throwing Eggs, Stones at Kamal Haasan
The incident happened on Thursday when the actor-turned-politician and Makkal Needhi Maiam founder was getting off the stage after completing his address.
File photo of actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan. (PTI)
Karur (TN): Cases have been registered against a local BJP functionary and two others for allegedly throwing eggs and stones at the dais from where Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Haasan was addressing an election meeting near Aravakurichi in the district, police said Friday.
The missiles did not hit anybody and no one was injured, they said.
The incident happened on Thursday when Haasan was getting off the stage after completing his address.
MNM workers roughed up two people suspected to have hurled stones and eggs before police rescued them and took them away for questioning.
The incident came a day after footwear was hurled towards a vehicle from which Haasan was addressing an election meeting in the Tirupparankundram assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday evening.
Haasan, the founder of new political outfit Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM), kicked up controversy this week with his comment that "free India's first extremist was a Hindu", a reference to Mahatma Gandhi's assassin Nathuram Godse.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships