CBI Arrests Amanmani Tripathi in Wife's Mysterious Death Case
The CBI has arrested Samajwadi Party candidate from Nautanva Vidhan Sabha, Amanmani Tripathi, on Friday night from Delhi in connection with his wife Sara Singh's death case.
A TV grab of SP candidate Amanmani Tripathi.
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested Samajwadi Party candidate from Nautanva Vidhan Sabha, Amanmani Tripathi, on Friday night from Delhi in connection with his wife Sara Singh's death case.
27-year-old Sara Singh died in a road accident near Agra in July 2015 in which Amanmani Tripathi, the son of jailed politician Amarmani Tripathi, miraculously escaped.
Based on a complaint by Sara's mother Seema Singh an FIR was registered against Amanmani in Firozabad district. Singh had alleged that her daughter, who had married Amanmani at an Arya Samaj temple in Lucknow in July 2013, was murdered.
Amanmani's parents, Amarmani and Madhu Mani, were against the marriage, Singh had said.
Amanmani, however, had claimed that Sara died in the road accident when they were on their way to New Delhi for a holiday.
After Singh had demanded that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav order a CBI investigation into the incident, the matter was referred to the central agency, which took over the probe from UP Police a few days later.
Amanmani was recently given ticket by the Samajwadi Party to contest Assembly elections in the state.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Proteas Exploit Smith's Weakness Against Left-arm Spin
- Saroj Khan Refuses To Comment on Jacqueline Fernandez's Highly Criticised 'Ek do teen' Revival
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class First Drive: Is it The Best Car In The World in 2018?
- Meet World's Tiniest Computer by IBM That Equals The Size of a Salt Grain
- Stars Ooze Glamour at News18 REEL Movie Awards Red Carpet