CBI at Satyendar Jain's House, Questions Wife in Corruption Case
The CBI on Monday paid a visit to Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain’s house and sought clarifications from his wife on an ongoing probe into allegations of money laundering against the AAP leader.
New Delhi: The CBI on Monday paid a visit to Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain’s house and sought clarifications from his wife on an ongoing probe into allegations of money laundering against the AAP leader.
Sources in the CBI said the investigation agency had sought time from the minister's wife, PTI reported.
The Aam Aadmi Party accused the Centre of “vendetta politics”.
“Central govt (sic) of BJP is misusing CBI for its vendetta politics. After Dy CM Manish Sisodia, BJP's CBI raids on Minister,” the party said in a tweet.
CBI had registered a preliminary enquiry (PE) against the AAP minister in connection with the allegations of money laundering in April. He was recently examined by the agency in connection with the probe.
Jain is alleged to be involved in money laundering to the tune of Rs 4.63 crore while being a public servant during 2015-16 through Prayas Info Solutions Private Limited, Akinchan Developers Private Limited and Managalyatan Projects Private Limited, CBI sources said.
Jain had dismissed the allegations after the Enforcement Directorate last month attached properties linked to him in the matter.
Allegations against Jain also include purported money laundering to the tune of Rs 11.78 crore during 2010-12 through these companies and Indometal Impex Pvt Limited.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- With Phase 4 Films, Marvel Cinematic Universe is Set to Rule Another Decade in Filmmaking
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain