Che Guevara's Daughter Aleida Calls on Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
In Kerala, her father has a huge following among the Communist Party of India-Marxist cadre, especially its youth and student organisations.
Aleida Guevara with Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan (image:Facebook/Pinarayi Vijayan)
Thiruvananthapuram: Aleida Guevara, daughter of legendary Cuban revolutionary Che Guevara, on Monday called on Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan at his official residence here.
Aleida had earlier arrived in Delhi and then late on Sunday reached here.
In Kerala, her father has a huge following among Communist Party of India-Marxist cadre, especially its youth and student organisations.
Later in the day she will be meeting a string of CPI-M state Minister's and also visit the state party headquarters.
She will be attending a couple of programmes here as the chief guest including one on August 1, in Kannur -- the bastion of the CPI-M.
The next day she will be in Kochi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?