Chhibramau Election Results 2017: Archana Pandey of BJP Wins
Counting is on for the Chhibramau seat, constituency No. 172 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Archana Pandey of BJP has won the Chhibramau seat, constituency No.196 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Chhibramau were Tahir Hussain Siddiqui (BSP), Archana Pandey (BJP) Arvind Singh (SP), Archana (Independent).
Chhibramau is a Muslim dominated constituency. Fight between Arvind Singh Yadav (SP), three time MLA against Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) Archana Pandey and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Tahir Hussain Siddiqui.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) defeated the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in the 2012 Assembly elections. Arvind Singh Yadav , the winning SP candidate, got 70,372 votes. The nearest contender was Tahir Husain Siddiqui of BSP who got 67,946 votes.
The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh had in 2012 won 224 seats spread across 75 districts. It has tied-up with Congress this time in the contest against BJP and BSP.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Recommended For You
- Trailers This Week: Avengers Endgame Drops New Hints, Vivek Oberoi Traverses PM Narendra Modi's Life
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- IPL 2019 | Dismissing Virat and AB Was the Highlight for Harbhajan
- Akshay Kumar Posts First Photo After 'Kesari' Release, Twitter Doesn't Let It 'Fade Away'
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: Delhi Police Bus, Hyundai, Kia Motors & Ola, Boeing 737
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s