Citing PM's Example of Contesting From 2 Seats in 2014, Cong MLC Invites Rahul to Fight From Khammam in LS Polls
P Sudhakar Reddy said he pointed out that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also contested from two seats in the 2014 general elections.
File Pic of P Sudhakara Reddy
Hyderabad: A Congress MLC in Telangana on Tuesday invited party chief Rahul Gandhi to contest from the Khammam Lok Sabha constituency in the state in the coming parliamentary elections.
The invitation from P Sudhakar Reddy came during a meeting of Congress leaders from Telangana with Gandhi in Delhi to discuss the partys performance—it won only 19 seats among the 119—in the recent assembly polls and preparations for Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking to PTI, Reddy said he pointed out that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also contested from two seats in the 2014 general elections.
Meanwhile, Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president N Uttam Kumar Reddy told reporters in Delhi that Gandhi has told them to gear up for the Lok Sabha elections, though the party lost in the Assembly polls, with an effective plan of action.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet
- Woman Accuses Choreographer Ganesh Acharya of Forcing Her to Watch Adult Videos
- Shah Rukh Khan's Advice to Raj & DK on Their Upcoming Film Together
- There is a Mysterious Structure in Antarctica And Some Think It’s a Massive Building
- Tata Motors to Launch Nexon Electric SUV in India Today: Watch it Live Here [Video]