Close Shave for BJP MLA in Karnataka During Hori Festival as Bull Runs Amok
This is the second time that BJP MLA MP Renukacharya has had a close shave. On August 31, he was about to be hit by a bull.
Bengaluru: BJP MLA MP Renukacharya again had a narrow escape when the 'Hori', the caparisoned bull, ran amok soon after he touched it at Honnalli in Davangere district on Friday.
This is the second time he has had the close shave. On August 31, Renukacharya was about to be hit by the Hori.
The Hori Habba (Hori festival) is celebrated in which a well-decorated bull is made to run through the crowd. The challenge is to subdue the animal and snatch the dry coconut, cash and other valuables tied to it. In Honnalli, the organisers invited Renukacharya who obliged.
Before setting the Hori on the crowd, the organisers asked the MLA to worship it. As soon as he touched it, the bull jumped and lowered its head as if it was about to butt.
Sensing the danger, Renukacharya's bodyguards encircled him and took him to safety away from the place. "Nothing has happened to me. I am fine," said Renukacharya after the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- Watch | Son Heung-min Scores Solo Stunner as Tottenham Hotspur Crush Burnley 5-0
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Goa Women's League 2019: Bidesh XI SC Seal IWL Qualification With a Match Left
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts